Thu28Mar20199am - 12:30pmAnglican Centre, 18 Eccleston Hill, Thorndon, Wellington
Anglican Centre Orientation Day
Each year, the Anglican Centre staff offer an orientation day to clergy and other leaders who have entered their roles or who are new to the diocese within the last year. Orientation Day is a great time for meeting key diocesan leaders and finding out who does what in the Anglican Centre, and how things work; and it’s also a great opportunity to meet others from around the diocese.
The day is especially beneficial for:
- All clergy who are new to their role in the last year
- Vicars, Priests in Charge or Parish Leaders who have been appointed to their role in this diocese for the first time in the last year
- Parish Administrators and Treasurers, as they have an ongoing relationship with Anglican Centre staff
- Ministry leaders (such as youth, children’s, or any ministry) who are new to their role in the last year
- Wardens and other leaders who are involved in the governance of their parishes.
This year’s Orientation Day will be on Thursday, the 28th of March from 9:00am, finishing with lunch (provided) at 12.30pm, at the Anglican Centre in Wellington. For those who can make it, we’ll begin with morning prayers next door at the Cathedral from 8:15am.
Following morning prayers, the day begins at 9:00am at the Anglican Centre, and will involve the opportunity to meet and have discussions with diocesan leaders about their roles and how they serve you.
A note re parking:
Parking in Thorndon is tricky, and parking at the Anglican Centre is limited. You may be able to park either in street parking or in nearby parking lots (such as behind the Cathedral on Molesworth Street and Collina Tce), and these have an hourly cost.
We recommend public transport if this is possible for you – we are only minutes away from both the bus and train station., and many suburban train stations have park and ride facilities, allowing you to park for free and then step onto a train or bus. Alternatively, working on filling a car would be great for both parking and the environment.
If you are able to join us for all or part of the day, would you please RSVP to Paul Carey by emailing email@example.com.