WANTED: A DYNAMIC VICAR FOR THE LARGEST PARISH IN THE ‘COOLEST LITTLE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD’
Karori Anglican Churches (KAC) is a dynamic parish and one of the largest parishes in Wellington (New Zealand’s Capital City). It consists of two Churches (St Mary’s in Karori and St Matthias which is a smaller satellite Church at Makara), an Early Childhood Education Centre (ECEC), a St Mary’s After School House (SMASH) providing before and after school care and school holiday programmes. There are also multiple other outreach and pastoral care programmes run by KAC. The parish is well advanced in its plans to build a large community connection point to enhance its ministry and mission.
The Vision Statement (Impacting Communities for Jesus) is alive and lived throughout the Faith Community. This will be seen in the Parish Profile. Our priority is to grow the Church by more than 5% pa.
We gather to worship in both traditional and contemporary services and have a vibrant and growing ‘GodZone’ (children’s Sunday school). KAC has an outreach focus to connect and serve within its intergenerational community.
As Vicar of KAC you need to be:
- A leader of leaders. KAC has a wealth of leadership available to work with the Vicar who needs to be a person experienced in leading lay leaders, building teams and mentoring new clergy;
- Led by your faith in the Lord Jesus as practised in the Anglican tradition;
- Able to assist us to grow our Church significantly beyond its current level of just over 200 worshippers a week;
- Competent in preaching, teaching and sensitive leading of worship;
- Dynamic and out-going – experienced in working through people to manage, evangelise and grow a parish;
- Able to work with ‘business savvy’ parishioners to see that the major building project KAC fulfils its outreach potential;
- Willing to adopt and expand on our 3DM culture and on Alpha.
In return you will receive:
- Support from a large, knowledgeable Vestry and senior leadership group.
- Diocesan involvement and support as Vicar of one of the key Parishes in the Diocese.
- Expert support in all key business disciplines (Legal, Accounting/Tax, Compliance, HR).
- Fantastic coffee and cafes and an opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, vibrant and cultured cities in the world!
A profile of the KAC is available from the Bishops’ Executive Assistant, Rebecca Apperley (firstname.lastname@example.org), to whom applications should be forwarded not later than Friday 16 November 2018.