Bishop Andrew Hedge, in consultation with the Superintendent of the Waikato-Waiariki Methodist Synod is looking to appoint a priest to this Anglican-Methodist Co-operating Parish whose current co-ordinating partner is the Anglican Church (Diocese of Waiapu).
This position is for a full-time role including full housing allowance and is being re-advertised following a successful stewardship campaign in the parish.
The person the parish seeks for this role as minister needs to:
- be energetic
- have proven leadership skills with the capability to develop and minister with a team
- be a good communicator, enabler and encourager, with the ability to think and work creatively
- be orientated towards children and young people to re-engage with the childcare centres and develop relationships which will build a children and families ministry
- show competence working with and understanding liturgy, with a willingness to honour Anglican and Methodist liturgical traditions
- be prepared to engage with the Methodist Synod as well as the Anglican requirements of Synod, Clergy Conference, Clergy Training days, Regional Conference and to engage with the Co-operative Ventures Forum gatherings (2-3 a year)
- enable the parish to respond to and speak about social issues in the community
- to enable the parish to develop strong relationships with the wider community
- be a pastor who demonstrates genuine interest in people and the life of the parish
- be a person who will work with parishioners to develop a forward vision for the parish
- be a priest with a well developed and open theological perspective
- be a warm and friendly personality with demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
For expressions of interest please contact in the first instance Colleen Marriott (Office Manager, Diocese of Waiapu) on firstname.lastname@example.org for a Parish Profile.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18 July 2018.