The IDCCG – Inter Diocesan Coordinating Group – is seeking a National Youth Facilitator to lead, support and develop the youth ministry in order to provide the best opportunities for our wider church to grow young leaders who are strong disciples of Jesus Christ. This position is 36 hours a week, can be home based or within a diocesan office and involves some weeknight/weekend work and travel across New Zealand.
The National Youth Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Support, encourage and develop those in ministry among young people at diocesan and national level
- Facilitate collaboration between diocesan and regional youth staff and develop shared goals and activities
- Broaden and deepen the church’s understanding of youth ministry
- Provide a platform for future growth and development
- Advocate for youth ministry to the wider church
- Provide and encourage youth ministry training
- Build and maintain good working relationships with those who work with youth across our tikanga and ecumenical partners.
We are looking for the following attributes
- Previous successful experience leading in youth ministry and/or community development
- A relevant tertiary youth ministry, theological training or community development qualification is desirable
- Personal Christian faith and willingness to work within an Anglican organisation
- Capacity for excellent Christian servant leadership and the ability to lead and develop a team of people
- An understanding of youth culture
- Mentoring and discipleship skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
If you believe you have the right attitude along with relevant experience, to make a difference to the youth ministry for the New Zealand Dioceses, we would like to hear from you!
Applications close end of January 2018.
Please send your application, with a cover letter and CV to: Rev Peg Riley: email@example.com
If you require any further information about the position, please contact Karen Spoelstra on 021 388 811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.