St Christopher’s is an evangelical Anglican church of 300+ people who love the Lord Jesus. With schools and the University close by, our church’s vision is to reach out to the next generation with the good news of Christ as well as continue growing into Christ-like maturity.
We are eager to grow our staff team to work in equipping God’s people for our shared vision.
We’re aiming to appoint a full-time Associate Minister. Could this be you, or someone that you know? If yes, we’re eager to talk.
We are prayerfully seeking a Christian minister who:
- Loves the Lord Jesus, has a desire to reach people with the good news of God’s grace, and to see our church grow into Christ-like maturity.
- Has evidence of a life of discipleship in following Jesus.
- Welcomes the Protestant, Reformed and outwardly engaged stance of modern Anglican mission and ministry.
- Servant-hearted, humble and energetic in taking risks to grow the influence of the gospel with the next generation.
- A theological degree to a Bachelors or higher level.
- Able to teach the Bible with clarity, conviction and care.
- A willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment with an ability to train leaders and co-ordinate ministry teams.
- Skills for worship in singing or leading music warmly welcomed.
- Anglican ordination welcomed, though not essential.
- The right person might work to pastor our families and cultivate young adults in the faith. The role has flexibility for the right applicant, in order to make best use our collective abilities in the Lord’s service.
- This is a full-time role, working collegially with the Vicar. The role has the normal requirements and expectations around ethical Christian character, as well as routine police vetting checks for working with children.
For a job description please email email@example.com.
As all ordained appointments are licensed, please submit such applications to the Bishop of Christchurch with a CV, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Monday 12th February 2018.