Commencing Term One – 2018
St Michael’s Church School, 249 Durham Street, Christchurch
St Michael’s Church School is an independent co-educational Anglican School. It is one of the last Parish Schools remaining in New Zealand and is Canterbury’s oldest primary school, founded in 1851. We are situated in the heart of Christchurch City on the banks of the Avon River alongside St Michael and All Angels Church.
We have a supportive community of committed parents and teachers and we run under the auspices of the Diocese of Christchurch.
The School Board of Trustees invites applications from dedicated community minded, dynamic Christian leaders to lead our School into the future.
We are looking for a full-time Principal who will embrace the culture and values of the School and be:
- A leader capable of understanding/accepting strategic vision and able to carry forward and implement the School’s Strategic Plan in order to continue the growth path set out in the plan.
- Able to use your passion for developing Christian based education in a traditionally grounded environment.
- A highly effective communicator and marketer who can build positive relationships with students, parents, staff, the church and wider community.
- Up to date with pedagogical knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate visible leadership and role model skills in line with St. Michael’s Church School’s values and moral compass.
- Capable of supporting individual education plans, both extension and learning support programs for success.
- Able to display personal alignment and commitment to the beliefs and practices of the Anglican Church.
Applications close 24th November 2017.
Please submit your CV, covering letter together with names and contact details of three referees, to the School Bursar, Jocelyn Richards, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 379 9790 for further information.