NZ Red Cross Reference: 3461138
Wellington Refugee Resettlement Programme
As part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation, New Zealand Red Cross works to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker who has proven team leadership experience to work in our newly established Pathways to Settlement programme in Wellington.
In this role you will provide leadership and direct line management to social workers, resettlement case workers and cross cultural workers whilst overseeing the provision of client services in the area and ensuring safe practice is followed. The client services team leader contributes to the development of social work and resettlement work within the agency.
Your extensive knowledge of the Wellington region social service sector will see you build and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships with local service providers in the community sector to obtain full access to mainstream services for refugee clients. The successful applicant will see themselves actively participating in the wider Red Cross team and also carry a small caseload of former refugee clients, assisting them to develop and achieve their settlement plans, including undertaking regular home visits and providing public education courses whilst raising awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A tertiary social work qualification
- Full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board with a current practicing certificate
- A recognised qualification in professional supervision or study towards it is preferred.
- In-depth experience in service delivery and direct client contact with families and individuals from a different cultural background
- Proven relationship development skills
- A good knowledge of the Wellington region social service sector
- If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, click here or contact Shane La’ulu at New Zealand Red Cross 04 805 0304.
Applications Close: 7th of May 2017