Can you or your network help?
The next group of Syrian refugees arrive on Friday 19 August. Would you please ask your networks if they would like to:
- Sorting of donated goods at Wellington Cathedral of St Paul
- Sunday 14 August from 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Monday 15 August from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Tuesday 16 August from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Household setup at Connelly Hall
- Training – Tuesday 16 August from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
- Household setup on Thursday 18 August from 6.00pm
- Providing morning tea and lunch on Monday 15 August
- Providing morning tea and lunch on Tuesday 16 August
- Serving a light meal (finger food) on Tuesday 16 August from 6.30pm
We have a problem and you might be part of the solution:
We were expecting about 50 refugees to be resettled in Wellington – this would usually mean 10 households (of about five people). Five households would be resourced by the Anglican Diocese of Wellington (or someone we are networking with).
Red Cross has informed us that there will be 45 refugees arriving but most will be in households of two or three. EEEEKKK!! That means that there will be 20 households not the 10 that we were expecting. What it also means is that we will be short of some items:
- Microwave x 3
- Stock pot x 4
- Rice cooker x 5
- Electric blender or beater x 5
- Kitchen rubbish bin x 5
- Small bathroom rubbish bin x 5
- Iron x 3
- Ironing board x 2
- Clock x 4
- Large floor mat x 5
- Radio x 5
- Vacuum cleaner x 4
Would you please ask your networks if they can access one or more of these items, and if you can help with sourcing them, please let Reverend Kay Webster know.
If you are able to help, please contact Kay on email@example.com or 021 268 5355.