Our purpose is to strengthen and enrich the lives of children and families, particularly families led by one person (often referred to as single parent families).
We are a charitable trust (CC53360) that was established on 1 July 2016 from the merger of Birthright Christchurch and Birthright Ashburton. We have been providing services for over 50 years. In this time, we have been a trusted, recognised source of support to families as social service providers, advocates and as a referral point. https://www.birthrightcanterbury.org.nz/
We are innovative, with a focus on deepening and extending the services we offer, and developing an understanding of our effectiveness in helping our families. We are in a sound financial position, with a developing fundraising programme.
We have a vacancy for a position as a Trustee. The position of Trustee is a pivotal role in the governance of our trust and the delivery of our programmes and services to single parent families in Canterbury. This is a voluntary position. Governance experience is desirable but not essential.
The role would involve the following:
- Being involved with and supporting a range of activities to promote the aims and mission of BCT.
- Attending 6 trustee meetings each year
- The meeting date is usually the second or third Wednesday every 2 months (February, April, June, August, October, December)
- The meeting is between 6-8 pm
- The meeting venue is at Rolleston.
- Birthright Canterbury Trust is one of eleven organisations affiliated to Birthright New Zealand, a charitable trust.
Any appointment will be subject to satisfactory vetting. Interested applicants can obtain a copy of the role description by contacting:
Jane Lancaster MNZM, CM InstD
The position will remain open until a suitable person is appointed.