• Join a small team of dedicated and valued staff and volunteers.
• A wide ranging administration position supporting our Vicar and Finance Team.
• 20 hrs per week, part-time position with flexibility. $24 per hour.
• Be a welcoming first point of contact to members of our community.
• Develop and maintain office systems and processes and provide financial administration support to our Finance Team.
• Prepare weekly communication materials.
• Manage public bookings to hire the Church and Centre.
All Saints Anglican-Methodist Church, Hataitai, Wellington.
About All Saints
All Saints is a suburban Anglican-Methodist church serving the communities of Hataitai, Kilbirne and Lyall Bay. The Centre and Office Complex is used for worship, as well as a variety of parish and paying group activities each week. Our values of Unity, Diversity, Connection and Acceptance are important to us.
What you’ll do
• Carry out a wide range of general administrative tasks to support our Vicar, parish life and the smooth running of the Church Centre and Office.
• Provide financial administration support such as banking, processing payments, maintaining ledgers, maintaining asset registers, PAYE and GST returns and monthly reporting.
• Develop, enhance and maintain administration processes and systems.
• Work alongside the Vicar to manage relationships with funeral directors, wedding planners and clergy and manage all public bookings to hire the Church or Centre.
• Produce weekly church communications. For example, materials for Sunday Services and updating our Facebook page and website.
• Maintain the church’s facilities.
Skills and experience you’ll bring
• Proven experience in an administration or receptionist position with the capability and confidence to work independently.
• Knowledge of financial administration processes and systems is an advantage.
• You will be at ease working with IT systems and applications, such as Microsoft Office, Xero and Sharepoint.
• Friendly, professional and inclusive of others. Your communication skills (both written and verbal) will be your strength.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• A willingness to learn.
• Comfortable working independently without supervision.
For a more detailed job description, please visit
How to apply
If this role sounds like you we would love to hear from you. Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 21 February 2020 at 5.00pm.