The ideal job for someone who loves coffee, Jesus and social justice.
Trade School Industries is a faith-based charitable trust and social enterprise that aims to offer pathways to dignified work, and a supportive community to those who need it. Currently the Trust runs a barista training programme for women in Arohata prison, and the Trade School Kitchen cafe in Naenae. The Trust works in partnership with Anglican Movement, and St David’s parish in particular to provide a supportive community for people working in and enjoying the cafe.
We’re looking for someone to lead the team “on the ground” at the Trade School Kitchen in Naenae. Described by one of our friends as “the dream job for a Christian Hospo person”, we’re looking for someone with some solid hospitality experience, a love for Jesus, and a love for people of all sorts.
The ideal candidate for this job will have a high level of responsibility and attention to detail, excellent people skills and the ability to lead others, a do-what-it-takes-attitude, a commitment to providing great hospitality to whomever walks through the cafe doors, and be “all-in” for the kaupapa of the Trust. The role will require some flexibility, and will likely be less than fulltime hours. Being confident in the kitchen would be a real asset (and loving good food and coffee a must!).
We are willing to hear interest from anyone who has a strong interest or feels called to this work, but here is what we are looking for.
- Two to five years hospitality experience preferably barista trained
- Advanced kitchen and food prep skills
- Experience in leading teams
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Adaptability and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Desire to continually develop and openness to feedback
- Attention to detail – we need someone who ensures every coffee made and every panini sold is excellent and makes customers want to come back for more
- Experience providing top quality customer service- someone who can make every customer who comes through the door feel like the are coming in to a space of true welcome
We really want the right person with the right attitude, so do get in touch if you feel excited about or called to this opportunity.
If you want to find out more about Trade School Industries, check out our website: www.tradeschoolindustries.org
To submit a CV or if you have questions about the role or the Trust, get in touch with Nic Drew-Crawshaw – at firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 801 7784.
Applications close February 7, 2020.