24-7 Youth Worker, St Barnabas, Fendalton
Do you have a passion for working with high school aged boys and young men? Do you want to support and encourage students especially those who are struggling at school? Is God calling you to join the Christchurch Boys’ High 24-7 Youth Work Service led by St Barnabas, Fendalton.
St Barnabas is a lively Anglican Parish in Christchurch with a strong community focus and growing youth and young adult ministries. We are seeking to engage an experienced youth worker who can join two other existing 24-7 youth workers and undertake youth ministry at Boys’ High. The role would also involve being part of the parish youth ministry in some capacity. The position is for 10 hours a week.
St Barnabas is a parish with six congregations meeting in both the recently repaired church building and the parish hall. A large number of parish groups exist and cater for a range of ages and interests and these include groups for children, youth, young adults, seniors, men and women as well as groups for those learning English, an after-school club, a play group, mainly music and messy church. The parish supports, prays for and has an ongoing interest in Boys’ High and the 24-7 Youth Work Service.
- an experienced youth worker looking for a fresh challenge?
- interested in doing youth ministry in a state school environment?
- a mature person who could offer leadership to high school students
- a committed Christian with proven youth work skills?
Are you ready…
- to offer pastoral care to a variety of boys including some ‘at risk’ students?
- to work within an existing team of two other 24-7 youth workers
- to offer your own particular gifts and abilities to support both school and students.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and information about the parish.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the parish information of not more than two pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Friday 13 December, and are to be sent to email@example.com. For an informal chat about the position please call Canon Mark Chamberlain on 027 432 7474 or for further information visit the parish website—www.stbarnabas.org.nz.