Parishioners at Churton Park Anglican Church are committed to becoming contagious followers of Jesus, with the Holy Spirit working in and through us to intentionally make disciples. We are called to reach out to one of the fastest growing and culturally diverse suburbs in Wellington – Churton Park.
We already have an outreach to the Indian community in Wellington and a ministry working with people at Arohata Prison. Over 75% of the congregation are involved in one or more home groups that pray and reflect on the Bible as they apply it to daily life.
Our three current parish priorities are:
1. Call, and embrace, a new Priest-in-Charge
2. Begin the journey of building a culture of discipleship
3. Build additional co-operative linkages with St John’s Johnsonville.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Priest-in-Charge who:
· seeks to live out a Christ-centred life and to love others as Christ loves the Church, and to lead and encourage others to do likewise
· will take responsibility for Sunday services and involve others in delivering those services
· is equipped to lead a team of experienced lay parish leaders who are committed to the Great Commission and to deepening their spiritual journey with Jesus
· will proactively liaise with the Diocese, the local cluster and neighbouring Anglican churches.
While our Sunday services are held in the Churton Park Community centre, we own a 4-bedroom Church House which is used for different purposes including the parish office.
For more information about us please see our website: www.cpac.org.nz
Applications, which must include a CV, are to be sent to Rebecca Apperley, EA to the Bishop of Wellington, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29 October 2019. Rebecca can also provide you with our parish profile.