St Barnabas is looking for a Young Adults Worker to join the staff team and carry forward our existing Young Adults Ministry. The person must have some experience working with young adults, an enthusiasm for the message of Jesus Christ and the ability to build a young adult community.
St Barnabas is a lively Anglican Parish in Christchurch with a strong community focus and a well established young adult ministry. The parish is made up of six Sunday congregations and a Thursday congregation meeting in the church building and parish hall.
A large number of parish groups exist and cater for a range of ages and interests and these include groups for children, youth, young adults, seniors, men and women as well as groups for those learning English, an after-school club, a play group, mainly music and Messy Church. The parish has strong links with both Medbury School and Christchurch Boys’ High.
- a person with ministry experience who is looking for a fresh challenge?
- a committed Christian with proven leadership skills?
- a team player who loves working in and building teams?
Are you ready…
- to lead and help grow our young adult community?
- to work with and empower our existing group of young leaders?
- to develop this ministry area so more young adults can be reached with the good news of Jesus?
If you answer ‘yes’ to this challenge, then God may be calling you to join our team. To find out more email email@example.com for a copy of the Job Description and information about the parish.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the parish information of not more than two pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Friday 30 August, 2019, and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat about the position please call Canon Mark Chamberlain on 027 432 7474 or for more information visit the parish website—www.stbarnabas.org.nz.