The Sustainability Trust in Wellington is hosting several events focussed on waste reduction, and climate change and is advertising several other events hosted by other organisations focussed on similar themes. If you’re a member of the Rubbish Revolution group or you’re just interested in finding out more, you might like to take a look at these events from their newsletter:
- Food is Free intro to gardening workshop. Sunday, 18 August from 1.30pm to 3 pm, Sustainability Trust Ecocentre – 2 Forresters Lane, Wellington
- Make your own beeswax wraps for Bee Awareness month. Wednesday, September 4, 2019 from 5.30pm to 6.30 pm, Sustainability Trust Ecocentre – 2 Forresters Lane, Wellington
- Learn how to rat-proof your compost for Conservation Week, Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 5.30pm to 6.30 pm, Sustainability Trust Ecocentre – 2 Forresters Lane, Wellington.
Other events we like the sound of:
- How to implement a Circular Economy Model Office Workshop, 1 August from 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Level 2, 74 Cuba Street (Studio Pacific Architecture)
- Fairtrade Fortnight, 2 -15 August, Celebrate 10 years of being a Fairtrade City. Check out the events here
- Zero Carbon Challenge Finale, 1 August from 5.30pm to 8.30pm, Biz Dojo – 116 Tory Street, Wellington.
- Effective Climate Action, 6 August from 6 pm to 9 pm, Victoria University Kelburn Campus – Kelburn Parade, Wellington
- Community Planting Day, 17 & 31 August from 9.30 am, Mount Victoria Wellington
- Eco Fashion Runway – Hutt Winter Festival, 15 August from 7 pm to 9 pm, Lower Hutt Town Hall, 28 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
- Creating a Sustainable Food Future Workshop, 21 August from 5.30 to 8.30pm, City Gallery Wellington – Te Ngākau Civic Square.