You may have heard of a pub crawl, a cafe crawl, but a monastery crawl?! Yes, it’s a thing! And Rev Richard Noble from our Wellington South parish whānau is organising another one for August this year.
It’s an opportunity for us to experience three different expressions of Christian monastic life: the contemporary ecumenical community at Ngatiawa River Monastery near Waikanae, the Cistercian (Roman Catholic) community of Southern Star Abbey in Hawke’s Bay, and the Greek Orthodox Monastery of the Holy Archangels near Levin. On the inaugural Monastery Crawl in 2018, a number of participants found the experience to be life-changing and reported deep encounters with God.
The monastery crawl starts on the afternoon of Thursday 1 August, so participants who are working would need to be available from 3pm that day. The cost is $150 per person, which is given as a koha to the monasteries.
- Depart Wellington 3pm Thu 1 Aug
- Thu 1 – Fri 2 Aug Ngatiawa River Monastery, Reikorangi, Waikanae
- Fri 2 – Sun 4 Aug Southern Star Abbey, Kopua, Central Hawke’s Bay
- Sun 4 visit Holy Archangels Monastery, Levin, on way back to Wellington
- Arrive back in Wellington by 6pm Sun 4 Aug
For more info, contact Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 346 6548.