A huge thanks and congratulations to all church leaders, parishioners and presenters who gave their time on Sunday to make it possible for our voices to be heard on the Zero Carbon legislation before Parliament. At time of publication, we’ve received back 350 submissions from nearly half the churches who participated in the Climate Mission on Sunday the 16th, so we’re hopeful that once we hear back from all of our churches and receive their submissions, we’ll hit our goal of 500 submissions.
A big thanks to Blueprinters who made 50 submissions, our Karori whānau who made 44 and our our Newtown whānau who made 38, and the plenty of other churches who got in behind the drive to advocate for a better future for our environment, and our rangatahi.
Please return your submissions and materials…
- If you haven’t returned your paper submissions, please either post them urgently to Kate Day, The Anglican Centre, PO Box 12046, Thorndon, Wellington 6144 or scan them (front and back) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos and tallies: please send all photos and tallies of how many submissions were completed (both paper and online, adult and child) to Kate at email@example.com.
If you haven’t submitted, do it today!
- Watch this explanatory video from Kate and Elise, our advocacy team.
- Read the submission guidelines here, to make sure your voice counts.
- Submit online at parliament.nz/zerocarbon – scroll all the way to the bottom and click “make a submission” OR use this paper form and post it to:
Environment Select Committee (Zero Carbon Bill submissions)
Level 10, Bowen House
- Kids are welcome to make submissions as well. They can be written, drawings, poems or anything else, but require their name and region written onto them. You may like to use this template.
- If you’d like to encourage your church to take part, go to Our Climate Mission on Movement Online to access all the resources used on Climate Mission Sunday.