St Paul’s is situated in the North West of Christchurch in the suburb of Papanui. Papanui is a residential, commercial and busy suburb not far from St James Park, Papanui High School, Graham Condon Sports Centre, Northlands Shopping Mall, pre schools and rest homes.
Papanui is multi-ethnic which is reflected in the many restaurants and cafes. It is well serviced by the Metro public transport system.
St Paul’s has a conservative evangelical tradition with a moderate churchmanship. Our worship encompasses both contemporary and traditional styles.
We are looking for a vicar who:
- teaches/preaches, inspires, encourages, and is biblically based
- is willing to minister to a wide range of different age groups
- is keen to support our Bishop’s call to “win people for Christ”
- recognises the vital role of the Holy Spirit in enabling the life and worship of God’s people
- will encourage team work
- is committed to Pastoral Care (home and hospital visits).
A parish profile and an expression of interest form are available by emailing the Executive Assistant at the Diocese of Christchurch: email@example.com or by phoning 03 348 6701.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the profile of not more than four pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Thursday 30 June 2019, and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org