(25 hours per week)
Do you have a passion for pastoral care? Do you want to see the love of Christ expressed through the caring ministries of the local church? Do you have professional skills that could be used in the pastoral ministry of the church? Is God calling you to join the St Barnabas staff team to lead and develop the pastoral care ministries of our parish?
St Barnabas is a lively Anglican Parish in Christchurch with a strong community focus and good pastoral care ministries in place. We are seeking to engage an experienced pastoral care worker to join our team and carry this work forward. The position is for 25 hours per week but may include a related ministry area that could increase the hours to 30 per week. This would be negotiated at the interview stage.
St Barnabas has six Sunday services and a Thursday congregation meeting in the beautifully restored and repaired church building and the parish hall. A large number of parish groups exist and cater for a range of ages and interests and these include groups for children, youth, young adults, seniors, men and women as well as groups for those learning English, an after-school club, a play group, mainly music and messy church. Pastoral care initiatives include home and hospital visitation, home communion, rest home services, card ministry, freezer meals and a variety of outreach programmes.
- an experienced pastoral carer looking for a fresh challenge?
- a committed Christian with proven leadership skills?
- a team player who loves working in and building teams?
- a person who understands the dynamics of working with volunteers
Are you ready…
- to develop relationships with the people of our parish and offer pastoral care to those in particular need?
- to lead and help grow our existing volunteer pastoral care team?
- to help train our pastoral care team?
- to carry forward this ministry area with new initiatives?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and information about the parish.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the parish information of not more than two pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Friday 14 June, 2019, and are to be sent to email@example.com.
For an informal chat about the position please call Canon Mark Chamberlain on 0274327474 or for more information visit the parish website.