The role of chaplain will be pivotal to delivering the Centre’s vision of generous hospitality, spacious conversation and spiritual encounter.
Reporting to the Director, The Chaplain will be an ordained Anglican Priest and will hold overall responsibility for the Centre’s spirituality. The Chaplain will be responsible for a number of key initiatives including:
- Establishing and conducting a cycle of regular weekday worship;
- Organising the scholarship programme and providing mentorship to scholars;
- Organising the retreat programme, and facilitating retreats either in whole or in part;
- Nurturing the faith of guests through study and conversation;
- Providing pastoral care to guests and staff alike;
- Developing a plan to further enhance spiritual encounter at the Centre.
Further details are available in the position description.
The Chaplain will be resident at Francis House, a spacious home dedicated to the Chaplain’s use on site.
Applications close on Friday 31 May 2019 and panel interviews will take place early in June.
Applicants should apply with their curriculum vitae along with a cover letter indicating how their skills can be best applied to ensure the ongoing growth and success of Vaughan Park.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mr Angus Ogilvie
Vaughan Park Governance Board