From: Strandz newsletter
If the only service children in your community came to this year, would you want it to be Good Friday? Remember that young children may not know or remember the whole story. Walking the journey through Good friday is a sacred and important one, but having that hope of the resurrection on Easter Sunday changes everything. Please take care in the message of hope that you share this year, particularly mindful of all ages listening and hearing talks directed at adults.
Some Good Friday ideas:
- One Friday – images, illustrations and videos
- Stations of the cross painting by Jenny Hawke here
- Wrapping the Cross – a Good Friday Service
- A Good Friday Service for all An All Age service from BRF for Good Friday – traditionally a sombre and difficult service to include kids at.
- Re-enacting four scenes of Good Friday in a family service
- A creative all-age Good Friday service for families to engage with
- A short talk using 3 props: a wash bowl, sponge and dice
- A stunningly illustrated video from Grace Vineyard retelling the story of Good Friday, told by children in Christchurch.