With the quota for refugees into New Zealand increasing next year, more areas are being opened and for those of us in Wellington, it means we are getting fewer families each intake. We have noticed some of the families are larger in number which gives rise to the opportunity for two parishes to do one family together.
There are still opportunities to provide household items, pantry packs and toys for former refugees settling in Wellington this year and going forward into 2020:
- There is a place in the August intake for your parish or group to provide household goods.
- Delivery date to the Cathedral is Sunday 11 August between 2pm and 4pm.
- In December, we need another two parishes to provide household goods, and delivery to the Cathedral is Sunday 1 December between 2pm and 4pm.
We already have the dates for the first half of 2020, which means we can start planning our parish contributions into the next year. If your parish can work towards a collection in early 2020, please start planning for that now, and please let Patricia Cooper know. The dates are as below:
- Sunday 23rd of February, 2020
- Sunday 19th of April, 2020
- Sunday 14th of June, 2020
If you are interested in providing for a former refugee family, please contact Patricia Cooper, our Diocesan Refugee Resettlement Co-ordinator on email@example.com.