St Christopher’s, Avonhead Parish is an evangelical Anglican parish situated in Avonhead Christchurch. Our worship encompasses both contemporary and traditional styles. As a community of believers we seek to be “Reaching Out and Growing into Christ.”
Avonhead is a suburb close to the University of Canterbury and encompasses several primary schools and a major secondary school.
With a Christ–Centred Mission, our hope is to build on the best of the past as we embark on the next step towards the continued growth of our Church, mission and outreach.
We need someone who:
- Will partner with us as we follow God’s direction for our Church and address the opportunities and challenges facing it;
- Has a personal faith that is deeply rooted in scripture and prayer, and is expectant of the work of God’s Holy Spirit;
- Is able to preach and teach biblically based succinct sermons, with clear relevance to living today as Christ’s followers;
- Is a team builder, able to encourage people to find and use their gifts;
- Has a passion for bringing people to Jesus and growing disciples;
- Has a pastoral heart and relates comfortably with people of different ages and backgrounds;
- Encourages different styles of worship, from the traditional to the informal, including, but not exclusively, charismatic.
We look forward to moving into the new season that God has for us as a Church. A parish profile and an expression of interest form are available by emailing the Executive Assistant at the Diocese of Christchurch:email@example.com or by phoning 03 348 6701.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the profile of not more than four pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Friday 26th April 2019 and are to be sent firstname.lastname@example.org