The Anglican Diocese of Christchurch seeks a Ministry Educator.
This challenging and rewarding 0.8 to 1.0 FTE role covers the Christchurch Diocese throughout Canterbury and South Westland. It involves being part of our Diocesan Ministry Team seeking to equip our ordained and lay ministers and the ministry units they work in, to develop, grow and sustain effective faith communities in rapidly changing social and cultural contexts.
- Growing in your own faith and committed to strengthening the faith of others?
- Excellent in communication and networking skills, used to getting alongside others and helping them reach their full potential?
- Experienced in being able to plan and deliver theological and pastoral education to a wide variety of people and groups?
- Self-motivated and able to design and plan education programmes that enable our faith communities to deepen their understanding of Holy Scripture, grow into Christian maturity and increase in ministry skills and competencies?
- Committed to your own theological and spiritual development – a learner as well as a teacher?
- Committed to the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia, with special reference to its Three Tikanga life.
- A broad thinker, able to see the bigger picture and discern where God is leading?
You must have a background of sound theological training and be in good standing with the Anglican Church. This position is open to both appropriately skilled clergy and lay ministers.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded here, the closing date for applications is Sunday 2 December 2018.
For any further information please contact the Diocesan Manager Edwin Boyce as follows:
Anglican Diocese of Christchurch,
10 Logistics Drive, Harewood 8050
Telephone: 03 348 6957