The Wellington Abrahamic Council invites you to explore the holy days of each of the three Abrahamic faiths – Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Speaking on behalf of Christianity is Rev Jenny Dawson, from our diocesan family.
The event is at Temple Sinai, 147 Ghuznee St, Te Aro, Wellington, on Wednesday the 24th of October, at 7pm. The Jewish speaker will be Tadhg Cleary, a member of the Wellington Jewish Community, and the Muslim speaker will be Tahir Nawaz, a member of the Wellington Islamic Community.
Some of the topics explored will be:
- Where does our holy day of the week come from?
- What is different from other days of the week on our holy day?
- What happens in the ritual on our holy day of the week?
- What is the meaning of the ritual we participate in on our holy day?
- Has the celebration of our holy day changed over time?
- Is our holy day celebrated differently in different communities and places?
All welcome – Come, learn and contribute to the conversation.
For more information, contact Nick Polaschek (firstname.lastname@example.org 020 4797956).